Following the conclusion of the most recent admission session in January 2022, the university has officially begun its eagerly anticipated admission cycle, called July 2022. Students do not need to wait any longer to enroll in the upcoming July 2022. The current session began late due to a delay in the closing of the January 2022 admission session. The upcoming admission session for the academic session 2022-23 for all of its offered programs is now open.
Interested students can learn about the latest IGNOU Admission procedure and important dates to easily get admission to the world’s largest and most popular distance and open learning institute, IGNOU University. The IGNOU July 2022 Admission session is only open to candidates who want to be admitted to this university as a distance program. The current session will last from May 2022 to the end of September 2022.
IGNOU Admission July 2022
The university has opened online admission for the July 2022 session. IGNOU Admission Deadline for Session July 2022 is September 22nd, 2022 for both Indian and International Students. We have already informed all students that the given deadline may be the final date for applying for admission to IGNOU; after that date, no application will be accepted by the university, either online or offline. If you missed the last session in January 2022, you can apply to the ongoing session in July 2022.
Picking IGNOU for further education will never be the wrong choice. First and foremost, the degree obtained from this institute is valid and equivalent to any accredited institute. Furthermore, it is a blessing for students who are unable to begin or complete their education for a variety of reasons.
IGNOU has brought a higher level of education to their doors at a reasonable cost. Moreover, talking about the study materials, it would be hard to bring down IGNOU. Students who are working hard for UPSC, Civil Services, or any other national examination first turn to IGNOU study materials.
All students who want to continue their education through distance learning must be aware of the admissions process at IGNOU. We have compiled all of the information for your convenience.
IGNOU Admission Last Date for July 2022
If you’re wondering when the last date for IGNOU admissions in 2022 is, here’s your answer. Candidates are encouraged to check IGNOU Admission Last Date for July 2022 on a regular basis to stay up to date on important dates so that they do not miss this session without registering.
|IGNOU Online Admission Start Date July 2022||30th May 2022 (Official)|
|IGNOU Online Admission Last Date July 2022||22nd September 2022 (Official)|
|Last Date with Late Fees||No Provision Now|
|IGNOU Online Courses Commencement Date||August 2022|
|IGNOU Online Courses Exam Date||To be announced later|
Note: IGNOU has announced the deadline for submitting the online application form, so candidates should keep an eye on the important dates section for any updates on the extension of the deadline. The given admission deadline applies to all Master’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma, Certificate, and other programs.
IGNOU Provisional Admission 2022
If you have completed your 10+2 or equivalent examination and are awaiting your final marksheet, you can be admitted to IGNOU on a provisional basis.
Candidates who were admitted on a provisional basis must submit any remaining or required documents by the deadline set by IGNOU officials. Candidates who fail to submit the required documents may have their admission cancelled or rejected.
IGNOU Admission Eligibility 2022
IGNOU is one of India’s largest open universities, and it is now operating on an international scale as well.
If you want to pursue any educational course through IGNOU, we will assist you with the eligibility requirements for all of them.
- Advanced Certificate – The student should have a 10+2 certificate or any equivalent certificate from a recognized institute.
- Bachelor’s degree course – The student must hold 10 and 10+2 certificate
- Post-graduate diploma – The student should have finished the graduation course to proceed with the post-graduation diploma in the same stream.
- Master’s degree courses – The student should have completed a bachelor’s course from an accredited university
- M.Phil courses – Students must have a Master’s degree with a score of 55% (minimum for general) while SC/ST/OBC candidates must have 50%.
- Ph.D. courses – The student must have either Master’s degree or an M.Phil degree with 55% of the marking minimum.
As a result, you meet the eligibility requirements for the course you’ve chosen; proceed with the admissions process right away. For more information, visit the IGNOU website and download the brochure or prospectus for the relevant course.
Furthermore, students who wish to pursue two educational degrees from IGNOU must keep this in mind. IGNOU does not allow admission to two distance degree programs at the same time, but it does allow admission to one regular degree program and one distance program. However, students can only enroll in one degree and one certificate program at a time, so avoid making this mistake.
Available Sessions to Take Admission in IGNOU
IGNOU is very generous in accepting admission and thus holds the admission cycle twice a year.
- If you are joining in the month of January, you can fill out the admission form between November and January.
- The July cycle, on the other hand, is also open for admission, and applications will be accepted between May and August.
Now it is up to you to decide which admission cycle of IGNOU is best for you and then act accordingly. It should also be noted that some courses are only available for a specific admission cycle, so you should check for course availability before making an admission decision.
Available Methods for Admission in IGNOU
Candidates can apply online, which is a convenient and time-saving option. You can register for the Online Admission portal, fill out your application form online, and pay your fees using the online payment method if you wish.
If candidates wish to use the offline procedure, they must download the IGNOU Prospectus from our website and submit their application form to the IGNOU Regional Centre before the deadline. Remember that the offline method is only available for a limited number of courses, and only a few regional center accept offline applications.
If you want to go the offline route, you can download the IGNOU Application Form from the IGNOU Prospectus, print it, fill it out, and send it to IGNOU’s nearest regional center, where you will wait for admission approval.
IGNOU Entrance Exam Admission 2022
Not for all courses, but for some, students must take an entrance exam in order to secure their seats at IGNOU. If you want to know what they are, take a look at the list below –
Students who wish to pursue MBA or management courses at IGNOU must take the IGNOU OPENMAT entrance examination.
IGNOU Ph.D. Entrance Examination to take admission in IGNOU Ph.D. programs
If you want to enroll in the IGNOU Bed program, you must take the IGNOU Bed entrance exam.
IGNOU Distance – ODL Admission 2022
As we all know, the IGNOU is well-known for its extensive list of Open Distance Learning courses, which are available in both January and July sessions. So, if you want to be admitted to IGNOU for one of the ODL courses, you can start filling out the application online now that the university has officially started collecting applications.
How To Apply for IGNOU Admission 2022?
Every student must complete the online admission form submission process in order to secure a valid spot at IGNOU. Offline form filling is also available if necessary. In this section, we will go over the step-by-step process of applying for admission to IGNOU.
- First and foremost, go to the link provided for Online Admission July 2022 to begin the registration process.
- To begin, you must have a User ID and Password, so if you are a new student, you must click on the New Registration Link to proceed.
- To successfully register for the portal, fill out the registration form with your Username, Candidate’s Name, Email, Mobile Number, Password, and Captcha Code and click on register.
- Also, don’t forget that the user name and password will be sent to the phone number you provided via SMS.
Login to Fill Online Application:
- Now you must login again with your credentials to complete the admission form.
- Check the application program and then click on it.
- Keep your focus on mentioning each and every detail with utmost consciousness while filling out the IGNOU admission form to avoid any errors or delays.
- The photograph and signature upload section in this format is 100KB in size and JPG. If the specified specifications are not met, the upload process will be hampered.
- The declaration form will appear on the screen; after reading the details, click the checkbox.
- It is the stage at which you will have an additional opportunity to re-validate the data or details entered on the admission form. If you have made any mistakes, now is the time to correct them.
- Continue with the fee submission by using the online payment method. Net banking, debit/credit cards, and so on are the most common.
- Once you have received the SMS in your phone number, your payment will be considered successful. So, don’t be in a hurry and wait for it.
- Now you should see a tab with Preview written on it; click on it again to verify the form.
- It is recommended to take the hard copies of the completed admission form because you will require them. Also, save the form to your laptop or PC for future use.
Required Documents for IGNOU Admission
Not much; only a simple list of documents is required for admission to IGNOU, and you can submit them in Scanned format as well.
- Photographs (passport size)
- A valid identity card
- Birth certificate
- Category certificate
- Experience certificate
- Academic certificate
- BPL certificate
Important: It should be noted that the photograph and signature must be under 100kb, and all other documents must be under 200kb.
IGNOU Admission Fees and Refund Policy 2022
The university receives one-time registration fees when students enroll in IGNOU during the first year or semester of a program. IGNOU program fees are refundable in some cases if a student cancels their admission to IGNOU within a certain time frame.
- If any student cancels their admission to IGNOU before the last date of admission, they will receive a full refund after deducting registration fees of Rs 200.
- If a student cancels their admission within 15 days of the admission session’s close, they will receive the course fees after deducting Rs 500.
- If admission is cancelled within 30 days of the last date of admission, Rs 1000 is deducted from the program fees.
- Finally, no refund will be issued to the student if the admission is cancelled after 30 days from the last date of admission.
- Credit/Debit Card
- Net Banking
- Bank Draft (DD)
- Cash Challan
Is Your Form Still Showing Incomplete After Payment of Fees?
If you already paid your Admission fees but the form still shows incomplete or asks you to pay the fees again then there is no need to worry about it. To get an update on your fee status online, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with your payment details.
IGNOU Admission Status 2022
After you have completed all of your admission procedures and paid the fees, you may have to wait for a confirmation message from your regional center regarding your application. Candidates can check the status of their application after 10 days from the date of registration. The verification of your documentation can take up to 40 working days.
IGNOU Online Courses Admission 2022
IGNOU University has announced online admission for 34 online programs, so students who want to complete the program online can now enroll in the July 2022 session. The university is constantly working to expand the number of online courses so that more and more students can benefit from completing their education online.
IGNOU Fixed Learner Intake Programs Admission 2022
The university has now established a separate admission portal for seven academic programs, with students paying registration fees only at the time of application submission. Because the university has set seats for these programs, students must wait for the merit list in order to be admitted to these courses. The merit list will be declared based on program eligibility, and candidates must keep checking the IGNOU FLIP portal for the declaration of merit.
List of IGNOU FLIP Courses
Registration Fees of IGNOU FLIP: Rs 400
In order to confirm their admission to IGNOU, students who are shortlisted on the merit list will be notified via the registered email address you provided at the time of application. Your admission will be revoked and your seat will be given to the next applicant on the merit list if you didn’t pay the program fees by the deadline.
IGNOU International Students Admission 2022
For international students interested in applying to IGNOU University, including SAARC, Non-SAARC, NRI, and FSRI candidates, the university has now opened an online admissions portal. It should be noted that the portal below is only applicable to foreign applicants; as a result, Indian citizens should apply through the common admission portal.
Important Guidelines for IGNOU International Students
IGNOU is now becoming a truly global institution by dispersing its regional centers across the globe. Due to the smooth admissions process, an international student can enroll in IGNOU without much hassle. Along with meeting the eligibility requirements and providing the necessary documentation, an international student must have a VISA that is valid for the duration of the course. Additionally, there are different fees for international students, and applications will only be accepted online.
Open your wings and let your professional journey soar without any limits. It makes no difference if you can’t make it to the regular classes or if you can’t continue your studies. Additionally, IGNOU will allow you to soar high in spirits if the private college is out of your price range. You will without a doubt succeed academically if you follow the information regarding the IGNOU admissions process.
Candidates can get answers to their questions by contacting the department via phone or email if they have any questions or concerns about IGNOU Online Admission.
FAQs – IGNOU Admission 2022
Most frequent questions and answers
To inquire about the availability of offline admission, contact the IGNOU regional center that is closest to you.
May to June is the session for July, and November to December is the session for January.
Yes, candidates can apply for direct admission to the majority of programs, with the exception of the Bed, MBA, BSC Nursing & Ph.D programs.
If you applied for admission online, you do not need to send IGNOU a printed copy of your application.
Yes, applicants may enroll in the IGNOU University’s January or July session. However, a few courses are only offered in one session, so you must check first.